<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Friday, July 21, 2006

Willpower Flower 

The subject of the previous post is one of several tests that I've had to pass in order to continue along this difficult path. Cheers if you heard hoofbeats; you have an excellent ear if you heard them coming from the National Gallery.

I said that I have a lot to tell you, and I do. I'll start today by giving you another brief yet candid glimpse into my life.

When I was in 2nd grade and new to the U.S., I noticed that some of my fellow students wore a spiffy Presidential Physical Fitness Award patch on their jackets. At the end of the school year, the award was presented at a special assembly. I wanted to earn the award so I could wear the colorful patch and be recognized among my peers for my athletic ability. My problem was that I had no athletic ability to speak of. So it took me a few attempts until I finally earned the award in 6th grade. That was when my family moved from New Jersey to Pennsylvania, just before the school year ended. We missed the assembly, and I received the award in the mail a few months later - too late for it to be relevant in my life in the way I had imagined in elementary school.

The story is relevant for me now because it marks the first time I kicked my will into overdrive. It was during the distance run that I discovered my will's reservoir; I reached in and pulled out a record run.

In my next post, I'll be more candid and less brief in order to give you a proper look at my inner scumbag. It may take more than one post. After that, I may take another ride on a certain powerful fool's swollen nuts before transmitting the exact text of the message imprinted on my being. We'll see.

Search for love in every moment. Please.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?