<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Monday, August 21, 2006

Blog Note 

I would like to say a few words about the “Information & Commentary” links I deleted.

First, I deleted the link to truthout because I saw enough of Will Pitt’s fishy behavior on Democratic Underground to convince me that he has ulterior motives.

Second, I deleted the link to the Huffington Post because that site isn’t what it used to be; it’s practically worthless now that most of the honest, humane voices have been replaced by professional manipulators. Recently I posted 4 comments on 4 separate threads and only John Murtha was decent enough to publish my comment. The other day someone posted a great comment on one of the threads and it disappeared a few minutes later. Fuck that.

Third, I deleted the links to BuzzFlash and the Smirking Chimp because I was never fond of those sites to begin with, and now it appears that they’re going the way of the Huffington Post.

Last, I deleted the link to Democratic Underground because it has become primarily a costume party for rightists. There are still good people there and I will continue to visit on a daily basis, but I don’t know how much longer that will last.

I’m going to leave the links to Antiwar and Lew Rockwell because I appreciate their anti-war views. But I have to tell you that Libertarian philosophy creeps me out where it overlaps with rightist ideology.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?