<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Friday, March 23, 2012

The Revelation 

After my "fear of life" experience, I developed the ability to maintain lucidity in dreams for extended periods of time. My strategy for exploring the strata of the subconscious mind was to see it in levels, from rooms in buildings down to prehistoric caves deep underground. Look for a door leading to stairs leading to another room with a door leading to stairs leading to another room with a trap door leading to stairs leading to a tunnel leading to a cave with an opening leading to another tunnel...

Eventually, I found the source of the "pull" on my psyche, living in a cave, deep inside the core. It had been attracting me all along, like a magnet. The closer I got, the stronger the pull got. When I reached its lair, the overwhelming force on my consciousness frightened me. When I entered its lair and saw it, I was terrified. It has the head of a lion and the body of a snake, and it is as imposing physically as it is mentally. Thankfully, I found out quickly that I had nothing to fear because it cares deeply about my well-being. I sat beside it for a while, enjoying its presence. It enjoyed me back.

Then it led me through a gate and I found myself on a precipice so high that I could see the curvature of the Earth. The view was so beautiful, serene, and complete that I started weeping. I realized that I was looking at and feeling the fulfillment of the Earth's promise to raise life to its apex. For a moment, everything made perfect sense and every life was accounted for. "This is it," I thought, "this is why we live and die. This is where the universe realizes itself -- where life transcends nature."

God's grace can be terrifying and painful and perplexing, but it is just.

What was the significance of the extra light switch? One for the eyes and one for the soul.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?