<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Monday, May 21, 2012

Mind + Love = God 

Early one morning, when I was 17 or 18 years old, I unintentionally introduced my paternal grandmother to God. She was in our family room by herself, waiting for my father to take her to the airport. We had said goodbye the previous evening, and I was alone in my bedroom, laying in bed, still high on LSD from the night before. Despite the fear that I would run into Dr. Dad and his precision pupil calipers, I had an overwhelming need to hug my abuelita and tell her I loved her.

The Mind within was wide awake, and even though I was well on my way to falling from Grace, the beloved matriarch of my family summoned the full strength of the Love within, and God actualized for a moment while I held her. There was so much pure Love between us that our souls ignited. It was almost unbearable; we wept as if to keep from burning up.

About 10 years later, after conversing with her about God and Love, she told me -- despite believing that I was living in sin -- what a "bruja" had foretold. "The Messiah will come from my family," said my grandmother, "or is the Antichrist?" "The witch said it was the same person," she added, obviously puzzled. "How can that be?"

It puzzled me too, for years; now I know how the pieces fit together because I complete the picture. My grandmother could not have imagined that one of the Messiah's primary duties is to exorcise the Devil from the church he built on the corpse of Jesus.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?